Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Tom Ford's Pearls of Wisdom

On boozing at Gucci:
"Five o'clock every day, man, it was cocktail hour. And those cocktails came out, trays of vodka tonics, and the whole staff would keep drinking till like nine, and we'd do that every day, every day. Because in a creative profession, sometimes loosening up is the best idea. Seriously."

On the fashion industry:
"It's like high school, too, by the way."

On his first gay experience:
"I'd just turned 18. His name's Ian Falconer. You might know him. He writes children's books."

On sleeping with men vs. women:
"I don't want to sleep with anything with thin wrists. I want to sleep with something strong and powerful. My equal. That could be a sort of match to the death. Where we're pitted against each other. It disturbs me that their wrists are thin. It disturbs me that they're willowy. That I could hurt them, that they're fragile. It makes me behave differently with them and give them latitude that I would not give to a man."

On sluts:
"If sluttiness is what you like, what's wrong with that? Why do we think being a slut's bad? Sluttiness is just a lot of freedom."

On hygiene:
"I like everybody with a touch of dirty. I mean, I'm not saying I want to go between someone's legs and find flies buzzing around there...It should be clean. But we've gotten silly about this."

On his forehead flaws:
"I have Botox right here and collagen right in my brow lines. I'm going to have some collagen put in there. It's probably because this part is all Botoxed, and so it's dead smooth. So I need to have that fixed. I noticed that the other day. Thanks for pointing it out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home