Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Outsourcing Woes
I work at Hurix Systems in Bombay. Our company is a technical/content providing company. Our clients are from the US. They outsource to us since we provide cheap labor.
I am not complaining...Since the money we get is better than any Govt. job ...hands down!
But I do see the critics POV.
Funny thing, when America was trying to enforce laws banning outsourcing in certain sectors, people in India were saying "its wrong ...Its not free trade...". But in my very own state, the fishing industry people are complaining that their jobs are being encroached upon by people migrating from rural India to Mumbai.
So I guess, when you are the recipient of an outsourced job, outsourcing is good...But if you lose your job as a result of it, its bad.

--Zen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home