Friday, November 07, 2008

Unlovingly Yours

I don't read poetry (Think it's kinda gay). I certainly don't write poems. I was at work one day, minding my own business when Ewan McGregor Lookalike asked me to try my hand at writing a song for the soon-to-be-formed office band. Here's my first attempt titled Unlovingly Yours. Written in 15 minutes flat.

You're a lyin' piece of shit.
I thought you were different,
I thought you were nice.
Boy, was i in for a rude suprise.

I dont want you pity
I'm a big girl,
i can take care of myself
Only wish is you'd burn in hell

You raped my soul,
You left a gaping hole,
i loved you so much,
dont think you even cared
Just wanted a plaything

You make me feel like a whore,
my nethers so sore.
My head bowed in shame.
You're a cryin' tragic waste of skin.

Why couldnt you just be
like the rest of my guys?
They just messed with my body,
You played with my mind.

Now i cut myself,
crop circles into my thighs
The pain, the blood,
is the placebo
to the real pain in my heart.

But there's no turning back now
This is a song
to say goodbye
forever, fucker.



PS: It isnt about any ONE guy. I started writing it with my most recent guy in mind. But then i realized i dont hate him. Not as much as the first guy. So this is a mashed potato of sorts - two guys, spanning over 9 years.

PPS: I was just kidding about it being about a guy, or that any of it is based in fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home