Saturday, December 27, 2008

Favorite Things Right Now

I'm reading de Sade's mammoth e-book 'Justine, Philosophy in the Bedroom, and Other Writings' rite now. Ok, so i wanted to read Justine...Is that such a crime?! But what i found in this book is perhaps even better than an aged man whipping and sodomizing a teenaged French girl (IMHO). I'm refering to 'Dialogue between a Priest and a Dying Man.' That de Sade was an atheist is no surprise; but some of the stuff in this little crackler of an article makes sense to me. Certainly doesn't seem like the ravings of a "mad man." I only wish i had Dialogues presented to me in the form of a play while i enjoyed butter pop corn and applauded every time the dying man finished a sentence.

This particular French Vogue cover [dt Oct 2002]. Dont know what it is about it that's so strikingly unforgettable. And while we are on the subject of ooh-so-chic Paris, kudos to Indian Vogue for featuring reprints from French Vogue two months in a row. Frenchies do it soo much better than bland American editorials.

Saying the name Blagojevich. Better yet, having hunky Jon Steward saying Blagojevich over and over on The Daily Show. Does Blagojevich actually write his last name with a "ch"? Shouldn't it be Blagojevic in true Serbian fashion? For the uninitiated, its pronounced "Blug-o-ya-witch."

DrinkDeeplyAndDream.com. I'm still reading Dracula, so Googling up vampires was natural. Strangely, i feel comforted reading this website about "real life vampires who are normal human beings." Everyone has a little bit of vampire in them. Blood is organically sexy. Biting is sexy and super-arousing. I'm happy with a bite-happy chappie who sucks me dry. Leave the whole UnDead bit out of it. That scares me at night.

Social Anthropology. All the coolest shows i like on NatGeo (urm, namely "Taboo") feature grey-haired people talking social anthropology. This has interested me forever, but just never read enough about it. Finally, i've downloaded/bookmarked two books on social anthropology.

Christmas sweets: Marzipan, chocolates, and cake! That to me is Christmas. Not carols. And not a fat guy ho-ho-hoing.

Bradley Cooper's Kitchen Confidential poster. The (now-cancelled) TV series is based on the Anthony Bourdain bestseller by the same name. Why are chefs (Bourdain) and play-acting chefs (Cooper) so f-ing hot in that virgin whote chef's uniform?



Josh Holloway. The hunk on Lost (or so i hear, since i have never watched the stupis show myself) and also the model for Davidoff's Cool Water ads. To be honest, i'd seen these ads a long time ago in magazines, and they never made my heart race before. The reason it does now...is hearing Josh say on FTV that he's married. Ka-ching! Immediate Jackpot/Wanted status in my eyes.



Yeah he looks cheesier than a Billy Joel album left in the Sun, but those blue eyes make up for it, i think.

Leaving the best for last....

If you've been watching Sex and the City last week on Zee Cafe, you'll know Carrie's been going out with that magnificent Russian Mikhail Baryshnikov. What's more, its all so old-school romantic. He's SIXTY years old now but still dreamy as ever, and still with the legs of a sixteen year old ballerina. For once, my dreams star a straight guy doing romantic things to me. Sorry Anderson Cooper, you're relegated to watch (me-while-a-do-a)man duty in my dreams.



***SIGH***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home