Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Where is the love?
I have to say I am a bit of a hypocrite posing this question. I would not wear fur, because it is murder (whether shot in the wild/ or on fur farms). However, I am an avid fashion follower...And the fur is undeniably in fashion (just *look* at the September issue of VOGUE!). So I am kind of stuck in a tight spot. All I can say is that I am glad I do not have the money to buy a fur coat...A nice deterrent in case I lose my sense of priorities or decency.
However, for my birthday this year I did buy a leather jacket. But isn't that a "by-product". I mean the cow is NOT being killed for the leather, but rather for its meat.
Croc/Alligator pelts DO look gorgeous. And I very nearly wanted to buy one myself.

So where do we draw the line??? Who's to say fur is murder and leather is not? Or rather, *why* is killing animals for fashion not ok, but killing them for meat is ok. We clearly have alternatives for both. Then why the discrimination?

And how come fur is making such a comeback..I mean, a few years ago there was hardly a fur coat in sight on the runway. What happened?

what do you make of PETA members having thrown a dead animal in the lap of Anna Wintour (vogue editor) to stop promoting fur in the pages of Vogue. Looking at it from their perspective, they are right! How else wile they get their voices heard --than by disrupting ,say a Victoria's Secret show, which gets the max. exposure on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home